Sunday, March 22, 2009

 

So, what have I been up to..................

So, what have I been up to ........................... not a lot ! Not strictly true. I've recently been to an open day at the newly built M.S resource center, The Merlin Project, a few miles from St. Austell. I've been following the project ever since it was first put forward, and now, at last, it's about to open it's doors to the public.
.
It's the latest of about sixty centers, which provide a range of treatments and facilities for people with M.S. Over £2 million has been raised, mainly by the people of Cornwall, but there is still more needed ( isn't there always ) to fit out more treatment rooms, hydro therapy pool and conference center. http://www.merlinproject.org.uk/
.
I've applied to be a volunteer, perhaps two or three half days a week, doing whatever is needed and whatever I can. It will give me something to do and help put a little purpose back into my life. I've already been called back for an interview, so we will see what happens from there. I know they are looking for people to assist with the HBO chambers. They are rather like diving bells, where M.S'ers can breath oxygen under pressure. It's a system now used in many treatments for a variety of complaints, so it should be interesting............... and I do have the T-shirt. Fingers crossed.
.
The photo competition went well. No prizes, not even a place, but the pictures were well received and I was happy with that, for a first attempt. Another judge may have come to a different decision. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
.
I've been spending a lot of time at the beach recently, taking advantage of the beautiful weather we have been enjoying. Today I went further afield, to Vault Beach, about 10 miles along the coast.
.
.
The far end of the beach is used by naturist ......................... so it needed further investigation. It's a long climb down and a long walk when you reach the beach. Sure enough, there were about a dozen naturists enjoying warm rays and a gentle breeze off the sea. Now I know what you are thinking. Did he?
.
Well the answer is "Yes". I just couldn't resist it. (Sorry Fi, no photos!!!) After a few minutes, it seemed perfectly natural. Even the odd 'strutter', that makes that unneeded walk, there and back, didn't even raise an eyebrow. So there you go, another 'first', and so early in the year.......... but it was a glorious day.
.

.

The other end of the beach. My bit of heaven. Crowded, isn't it?

Now to swim naked............. but it will have to be a little warmer than it is now.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]