Sunday, March 22, 2009

 

Another first............

Another first today..................... and I kept my clothes on for this one.
.
I took passage on a bus to the great city of Truro. Quite an experience. Memories of 25 years ago, my last such outing, came flooding back. The hardness of the seats. The way your tried to grip as the bus cornered. And the vibration ............ hmmmmm! Almost like sitting on a washing machine when it's set on 'spin'............. not that I've ever done that. At least I was colour coordinated, my purple coat matched the seat.
.
I had it on my mind to look for a suit. I shall need one for later in the year. I don't want to buy it yet, just in case the Summer is unkind to my waistline or I build more upper body muscle (some hopes). It was good to wander without the pressure of having to buy and the pressure of the weekday shoppers snapping at my heels.
.

.

It also gave me time to people watch, a subject that never ceases to interest me. Looking at pretty girls, when I should be more interested in their mothers............ or even grandmothers. The mobile phoners, with facial expressions that go with happy or serious calls. People deep in their own thoughts, deep in their own worlds. The purposeful walkers, with only seconds to get from A to B. Those hurrying days are behind me now............ I hope.
.


.

.

Looks like I've landed the voluntary work at the Merlin Project, helping in the hyperbaric oxygen therapy room. I have to attend two training sessions this week, ready for the official opening on the 14th of April. A little more added purpose to my life. Then next weekend, it's party time. An anniversary meal, and next day, a birthday celebration. Good company at it's best. I'm rather looking forward to that.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]