Thursday, September 06, 2007

 

The vicar came to tea.......

The Church Magazine, from Barton in Torquay, arrived yesterday, along with a note from the vicar that said he would be breaking his journey today by dropping into see us for a cup of tea. He was having a few days off and was making his way to Falmouth, his previous parish, to hold the weekend services.

He came baring flowers for my mother, and with all the news of hatch, match, and dispatch from her old parish. It was also a time for me to catch up with news of the kids I grew up with. Those who still attended the church that was so much a part of my early life.

He stayed for an hour, long enough, then promised to visit again when next in the area. His first parish was at St. Blazey, then Falmouth and his parents live in Cornwall, so he has plenty of connections with the area and County.

I thumbed through the magazine shortly before he arrived and came across this little poem which might amuse. Being partially deaf, it made me laugh........

When God passed out the brains,
I thought she said trains
and I missed mine.
When God passed out looks
I thought she said books
and I didn't want any.
When God passed out ears
I thought she said beers
and asked for two large ones.
And when she passed out legs
I thought she said kegs
and asked for two fat ones.
When God passed out noses
I thought she said roses
and asked for a big red one.
Then when she passed out heads
I thought she said beds
and asked for a big soft one.
When God passed out hips
I thought she said lips
and asked for two round ones.
God, I'm a mess!
( from C. Cavanna)

Comments:
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

:)
 
I love it! Thanks for the chuckle!
 
Notice that God is a she. It make sense, don't you think?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]