Wednesday, September 19, 2007

 

I've treated myself.......

They've been needed for a long time. The handles were becoming loose on a daily basis, and most of the knobs on the lids have been replaced. So I've treated myself with a little recently received windfall. A new set of saucepans. They're not 'top of the range' but they are quality, and should last me for the next twenty years.



I bought a set of five, four saucepans and a frying pan. Then I bought an extra 20cm and a 18cm, as well as a small non-stick frying pan, all from the same line. I've also up graded my steamer to a 3 litre with decent handles that won't smell if the heat is a little high.



And great news.............................. they work!



Lamb stakes, cauli, beans from the garden and 'bubble and squeak' potato. I don't know how many times Cag asked me today, "what are we having for dinner?" It was the B&S that threw her. Her short term memory is getting shaky, one of the joys of M.S, I guess.

Must have been good.......... as Dillon had very little from the plates.

Comments:
I do love a good set of sauce pans, my Calphalon set is going on my list of wants from the old house/marriage.

OK, this ignorant American needs to know....bubble and squeak potato?
 
Bubble and squeak. Fried onions, cooked green cabbage (shredded), a little garlic and herbs to taste, mixed into about an equal amount of mashed potato ( diced crispy bacon can be added),season.

Heat pan, little oil, add large spoon full of B&S, flatten and fry till golden brown. Serve hot with Worcestershire sauce or ketchup.

It's a way of using up left-overs, or make it fresh. Mmmmmmmm!
 
Ian - I've also up graded my steamer to a 3 litre with decent handles that won't smell if the heat is a little high.

Nothing worse than smelly handles *L*

OK I'm freekin starving now and I'm off in 20 mins to a boring pay review lunch which will no doubt be some form of abused chicken. When all I really want is some good pub grub!!!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Comment deleted. Where do these people come from?

Pub Grub Fi, I do Pub Grub. Steak 'n Kidney or good old Cottage Pie. Better than abused chicken any day.
 
The B&S sounds yummy!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]