Wednesday, September 05, 2007

 

Fully clothed..........

I had an early night. In bed just after mid-night, early for me. The nudge came a few minutes after five. Cag needed some gel rubbed into her gum, to ease the pain from an infection. Once awake, I thought I had better take a trip to the bathroom.

I passed my mothers room and I could see her, fully clothed, laying on top of the bed, fast asleep. I tried to wake her but there was no response, so I covered her and thought I'd sort it all out in the morning.

It appeared she had woken and dressed herself and only then realised what time it was, a little after four. She sat back on the bed and went back to sleep. It wasn't a problem, just one of the joys of dealing with an elderly person. Thank goodness she's not a wanderer. Her lack of mobility keeps her 'under control'. I would hate to get up one morning and find the outside door open, her missing, and then what?

Funny old life!

Comments:
Blimey, lucky your mum isn't a wandered...what a worry that would be!

Hope the infection in Cag's gums clears up soon.
 
Ah, Ian, if not one thing then another it seems...reminds me of raising toddlers in one sense...

A small hook and eye lock at the top of the doors is a great way to prevent wandering (when/if that time comes)...they do not see it, and stop trying to open at the slightest resistance, yet it is easily unhooked/or forced open if need be,for safety reasons.

Sending you a hug (with my mouth covered to prevent the spread of my nasty strep germs. You three don't need any more infections finding your household!)
 
Hazel. Looks like another trip to the dentist is called for. Tablets don't seem to be much help.

Sunny. Will remember the hook, but I don't imagine she will ever be that mobile. Arthur-I-tus is a terrible disease.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]