Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

The shrine.......

I've often seen wreaths, flowers or even small planted islands along the road side. Markers where someones loved one had met an untimely end. One such marker suddenly appeared on the main road about fifty metres from our driveway .
.

It's caused some concern because no one has been able to find out the 'who' and 'how'. Was it a road traffic accident, there have been several in that area? Perhaps a jogger who suffered a heart attack, many use the path? A traveller who died of old age, waiting for a 37 bus that never arrived?

But at last the reason has come to light. One of our neighbours has been responsible for setting up the shrine. With respect I asked him why he was placing flowers at the side of the road, and he replied, "Some bastard ran over my cat!"

I hadn't the heart to tell him that my dog had watered them as we walked pass them a few days ago. My dog must have known, he hates cats!


Comments:
Hahahahahahahaha well Ian, I never expected THAT ending as I read this!!!

Kinda sweet he did that for his wee puss and hilarious what your dog did!!! Just blame the wilting on the heat ;)

Still chuckling over the 'waiting for the 37 bus' comment. I have visions of bus stops filled with skeletons *L*

Good one, great way to start my day!
 
LOL. I didn't expect that ending either.
 
Our dog doesn't say much, but makes his comments known in other ways!

Glad it brought a smile.
 
You do tell a good tale...or is that tail?

We too have such shrines...now I will be wondering.
 
Perfectly true...... even down to my dog's comments.

P.S. The flowers were changed today. I'm taking bets on how long he keeps it up!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]