Monday, June 11, 2007

 

A Little Tied Up.........

With the weather we've been having, I have to check the greenhouse every day. Not that there's very much in there other than a few tomato plants and some very old and treasured cyclamen.


Today there was netting all over the place............... and the culprit was a little tied up!




................. a young blackbird, only a few days out of the nest.


How it had managed to get so entangled was a mystery as the netting was rolled up and stored in a large plastic pot. I do encourage birds, especially robins, to treat the greenhouse as home. It keeps down the bugs and slugs, but this little fellow had been too inquisitive by far.


There was nothing for it but to cut, as gently as possible, the netting away from the bird. Blunt nosed scissors did the job with quite a bit of noisy protesting and wriggling from my feathered friend. It's now free, probably looking for more trouble to get into. Lets hope it's as lucky next time.


Comments:
Aaaawwww that's so sweet Ian. Now proclaimed the great bird saviour!!!
 
Just need another 23 to bake in a pie!
 
LOL.....you're starting to sound like me.....I see a pigeon and imagine it roasted, with just the right spices, crispy skin, moist breast ;)
 
Aww, and here I was thinking what a kind and gentle man you were Ian, and then you bring up the four and twenty...and you Fi! roasted pigeon...not true nature lovers are you? ~laughing at the two of you~
Thanks for the smiles!
 
I've gone back to thinking about moist breasts! Must be an age thing!!
 
Sunny - you know what Ian and I are like....our thoughts do turn to food an awful lot...and I see Ian's turn to other things too ;)
 
Moi?
 
Oui .... vous ;)
 
Fi. I've been following your posts and am really happy for you, but something tells me to urge caution. You are a person that I would hate to see hurt again. I only say this because I care.
IanS.
 
Ian - thank you. I've not rushed into this blindly, by any means. It's not the easy road to travel either, but I've chosen it. Thank you for your concern, it means a lot to me. xxx
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]