Thursday, May 03, 2007

 

The nestling.......

I found a nest a few weeks ago. I thought I saw birds entering a conifer hedge at the back of our property, carrying bits of grass and moss. A dunnock, quite a small shy bird with strange mating habits. A careful parting of the branches, and there it was.
.


.

Hopefully in a few days I would be able to post a result of the hatching's.

.

.

But only one of the three eggs hatched.

And the little fellow became........

.


......... then flew away!

____________][____________


Comments:
Awwwww....how sweet! What lovely pictures. Was it difficult to take them?
 
Not difficult once you've found the nest. I try not to take too many, so as not to disturb the birds. It's seems to be a yearly occurrence now, and long may it continue.
 
What beautiful eggs!!!! I hope that little bird has a wonderful life :)
 
I removed the two infertile eggs from the nest. They were both cracked, so that was the reason.
 
Did mum and dad dickie bird come back?
 
They were too busy. Dunnocks have strange mating habits.
 
Not only dunnocks!!!

You're quite the bird fancier, Ian :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]