Friday, May 18, 2007

 

Finished........ I think.......

It was our last visit on Sunday, to the house in Torquay. I loaded the car with all we could carry, mostly junk, to be sorted and disposed of when I have the time. The keys were sent off on Monday to the people who are handling the sale, and by Thursday, the locks had been changed. They don't hang about!

I suppose there should have been some regret when I closed the door for the last time, but all I could feel was a sense of relief. I couldn't wait to get started on the journey home.

It took the usual two days to recover, and in those days I contacted all the utility suppliers, insurers, and anyone else I could think of. I'm bound to have forgotten someone, it's Sod's Law.

I am still amazed with my mother's reaction to all this. There's been no questions about what's happening, although I've kept her fully informed at every stage. No regret on her part about leaving her home of sixty years, or none that she's shown. Some might think it a little strange, but in all honesty, I'm not sure what to think. Just lets say, she surprised me.

Now it's a case of sitting back and waiting for others. A situation with which I'm always uncomfortable, so lets hope things move along at a pace.

Comments:
I think it would be a relief, one less worry for you.

Isn't it amazing how the people we have known most of our lives...or in your case all of your life....constantly surprise us. I have been thinking about this a lot today....do we ever really know anyone?

Anyway, from reading some of your posts I have missed in recent weeks, your spirits seem brighter, which is very nice to see...eh..read :-)
 
You've been a trifle busy Sunny. I read you daily but can't always find the words to comment. Just know my thoughts are with you.
 
My thoughts have been with you as well, you have "a lot on your plate" and it is just nice to read, that perhaps you do not feel quite so overwhelmed...am I reading that correctly?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]