Tuesday, May 29, 2007

 

Eight random things..........

I did thank Fiona for tagging me, but after a little thought, I wondered why. Eight random things about myself. Hmmmmm, quite a lot of thought will be needed for this one. I'm happy to play along, although I won't tag eight other people. I don't know that many people!



So here we go and in no particular order.



1) I don't bite my nails. Not since I started dealing with continence problems. It's advice given to me by a nurse, and I can see the reason why.




2) I hate surprises. I like to be well prepared, and try to envisage all possible situations that could and might happen. It's like having a 'B' movie running through your mind where you play all the parts. It doesn't always work.




3) I have gained patience. Gained, because it was something I didn't have when growing up. I was very impatient and combined this with a quick temper. It's something I'm glad I lost with my youth, even though it was only a few years ago!




4) I'm rich. Rich because I have everything I need. That's not to say that I don't want things but most of those would be for other people. I like the simple things in life, good food on the table, fire in the grate, pleasant company.............. and a good Merlot!




5) I believe in a God, but not in a religion. Think of the pain and suffering caused by religion in this world. I just hope it's not a committee running the show......... although that could explain some of what happens in life.




6) History fascinates me. If ever it became possible to time travel, then put me down for a seat on the coach. I would be quite happy to observe and listen. As long as I could ask the occasional question, like 'why'?




7) I always try to be punctual, making sure I have plenty of time to attend an appointment. And if I am going to be late by even a few minutes, I always try to let the person know. It's something I fine annoying when I'm left waiting around, so I try not to do it to others. My daughter was three weeks late........... but she's apologised for that. It wasn't her fault!





8) I have about 40% hearing. It's hereditary. My father had the same problem as did his father. A lot of the trouble is from tinnitus which has crept up on me over the years. I'm getting better at lip reading, and a pair of new digital ear pieces have helped. But the best thing is, I can totally 'switch off' when I want to. Great to have a bit of peace and quiet at times.




Well, thar ya go, that's eight, or is it 8? Some serious and some not so.



Comments:
'Why'...because I wanted to know more about you and now I do...thank you!!!

I'm the opposite with hearing, mine's top notch, as are my nasal powers. And you know, sometimes I wish it wasn't that way, especially now that summer is here!!!!
 
Not why you tagged me...... but why I thanked you!-) I always find these exercises difficult and they usually get re-written a dozen times or more.
 
hahahahahhah oooooooooooooooh gotcha ;)

Rewriting is ok Ian ...just so long as you share with us!
 
It is nice knowing more about you, very nice!

Eh the nail biting....definitely could get a bit....yucky!

We are soooo different, I love surprises....the happy-making kind....but I have done the B-movie thing too.....way too much!

I have no patience....perhaps that will come with age.....how old did you say you were? ~smiling~

Rich...yes we are! The simple things are the best! And I am living very simply now....oh, if you would care to take a gander, I posted some photos of my new home here..... http://homegrownphotos.blogspot.com/2007/05/memorial-day-at-home.html

Your number 5--me too.

History and I do not get along...facts I cannot remember, but a time traveling coach...save me a seat! That I would love!

I am rarely punctual...I try so very hard...but I almost always end up a few minutes late.....sigh...

My hearing is so-so, I like the idea of switching off sometimes though...more to look forward to in my dotage ~grin~

Hmmm, I wonder if this counts as my 8 since I compared myself to you Ian? Sorry Fi, but I have not thought about this tag at all....been too stuck in my own little life-drama...sigh.
 
You've a lot on your plate at the moment Sunny. I'm surprised that you haven't gone missing for a week or so. Will definitely check out the photos to so how your mobile homes compare with ours in U.K.

Oh, and I'm 42 and a few months ...... quite a few months! l.o.l.
 
'to so how'????
try 'to see how'.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]