Friday, April 27, 2007

 

A cyber bully.......

I'm being cyber bullied! I won't say by who, but she knows who she is ( ''Ian...enough frolicking in the woods already...POST!!!!!! :)''). My back is broad, my shoulders are used to carrying the weight of the world. I can take it!!

I've been busy. It was a hectic weekend. Saturday was my mother's birthday, a special one with a big zero in it. We knew we would have visitors, quite a few had threatened to call. Even the vicar from Torquay fulfilled his promise and made the journey down to see her. Plenty of flowers, plenty of chocolates, and enough cake to last a fortnight.

Sunday was an early start because Cag and I had to make the trip to Torquay. More lifting, shifting and debris to clear. Hopefully, just one more trip and all we can do will be done. It will then be a case of meter readings, passing over the keys and waiting.

It took until Wednesday for me to recover. I will be so glad when we can get back to something like a normal life with not having the worry of the empty property hanging around our necks. I'm still quite surprised at my mother's reaction to what's happening. Nothing, or if there is she's not showing it. She's seems to have totally resigned herself to the inevitable and is glad to let someone else get on with it.

I've spent the last couple of evenings looking around recipe sites. I want to expand my culinary talent, or at least what I do with vegetables. Cag will only eat what she knows, my mother will eat anything that's put in front of her, and I feel the need to experiment a little more, hence the potato, onion, tomato and cheese bake on tonight's menu.

.

And very tasty it was. A good accompaniment to chicken.

Yep! Chicken again!!

Recipe for above.

A layer of thin sliced red onion, a layer of thin sliced floury potato with thin slices of tasty tomato, sprinkle with cheese (mature cheddar would be good) and season with salt and pepper. Repeat the dose for the second layer, add two table spoons of water and some basil leaves ( I sprinkled the cheese with a little Italian seasoning for extra flavour).

It needs a moderate, preheated oven (gas 5) for about an hour or until the potato is cooked. (I usually microwave this type of dish for a couple of minutes to give it a start. ).

Good luck and enjoy.


Comments:
Cyber bullying? Yikes! I hope it isn't as serious as it sounds!

Your potato, onion, tomato and cheese bake looks scrummy! if only cheese wasn't so fattening.....

You sound as if you are like us..... we seem to eat chicken 'til it comes out of our ears! Oh for the old days when we ate rubbish-filled stuff (sausages and red meat galore) without even giving it a thought!
 
But such an adorable bully she is!
We love her dearly.

Perhaps, your mother may be quite happy with you and your wife, enjoying the daily contact. So, closing her own home, is easier.

Ian, that tomato/cheese bake looks absolutely scrumptious! *a gentle nudge* Post the recipe please. *smiles prettily*
 
Seeker. The chicken come from the fact that I cooked roast chicken every night for years. It was the only thing my wife would eat. She used to have her meal plain and I used to have mine with a variety of sauces and gravies, so I had a 'different' meal every night. Thankfully her eating habits have returned to something like normal.
 
Sunny, you posted just in front of me.

Post the recipe........will do.
 
Seeker - I'm saving the whips and handcuffs for another day ;)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM that looks SO yummy Ian. How about a sprinkling of pancetta through it. Thinking about the calories - lower them by alternating with low cal mozzarella? I wish I had an oven!!!

Thank you Sunny ;)
 
Bet you could find another use for a doggie lead as well ;-)
 
*whistles innocently*
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]