Monday, March 19, 2007

 

A little guilty.........

I've been feeling a little guilty today. Two of Cag's sisters and a brother-in -law have been working at the house in Torquay, bagging and stacking, getting ready for when we finally arrange the sale of the house.

It was a 9 o'clock start for them, an engineer was coming to dismantle the stair lift. Then later in the morning a Red Cross representative came knocking to collect all the equipment that had been supplied to my parents to make their lives easier.

As soon as the stair lift was out, they started bringing everything that was movable down from upstairs ready to be sorted. Some for the sale room, some for charity and some for the skip. They phoned just before they left. It was 4 o'clock.

I expressed my sincere thanks for all they had done and all they were doing, but I couldn't help that feeling that it should be me there, with sleeves rolled up, doing my share of lifting and shifting.

Comments:
*Bonking you on the head!* You have NO reason to feel guilt! You are doing way, way more, if anything they left feeling satisfied with a job well done.....a feeling of accomplishment.....and also most likely very good feelings that they were able to help you and your mom! Your thank you was enough.

But I also have to say....I know exactly how you feel, as I would feel the same.
 
Echoing just what sunny delight has said.

Really, from what I've read here - I personally think you have done, and are doing, more than enough. Please don't feel guilty!
 
Good heavens man, as if don't have more than enough to keep you busy! Stop talking nonsense! As a penance for being so silly, I command you to go and sit down for half an hour with you feet up!
 
O.K already! ....... but I still regret not being able to do my bit. It became obvious a few weeks ago that with out help I would only be able to scratch the surface of what needed to be done. I would have probably handed the keys over and waved it all good-bye. This way, anything of any value will be put to use. I feel more will be going to the Charity Shop rather than the Sale Room. But that's O.K.
 
LOL Sunny do you know what 'to bonk' means in Brit-speak!!!

Ian, you have a daily commitment of immense proportions. Everyone else chipped in for a few days, and good for them.

But really, you have NOTHING to feel guilty about.

Seeker, I love that phrase 'stop talking nonsense'!!!
 
Fi. I didn't read Sunny's post like that, but now you've brought it to my attention, I'll have to give it some thought. Hmmmmmmm 'bonking you on the head'!!!
 
Well, you can always leave it to me to focus in on a 'bonk'!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]