Wednesday, March 14, 2007

 

A day of achievement......

It's been one of those days where I've achieved ............... nothing, or at least very little. I only have a couple of afternoons in the week when I do nothing, or rather catch up on all the things I've put to one side through lack of time on other days. Wednesday is one of those days.

The Community Nurse was visiting my mother today, so we made an early start, but that time was lost during the morning in one way or another. Then I opened the post. A credit card statement, with an entry I didn't recognise for £496.98, from a company who were completely unknown to me.

The next hour was spent taking to a machine and finally getting through to a human being at Customer Services. The department I required would phone me back............... within two working days! Note made to change card companies after they get the mess sorted out.

I did finally get down to doing some work, at about 2.30pm, and managed to wash an area of ceiling ready for painting.............. when I get time. At this rate, the ceiling, including replacing the lighting units, will be finished by September.

It really is the one thing that I find difficult to cope with at the moment. The inability to do a job, even the simplest, from start to finish, without having to come back to it at a later date. I guess that's the way it will be for the foreseeable future. The perfectionist in me doesn't like it, but I will live with it.

Comments:
My credit card bank is awesome....I can't sign a voucher outside Hong Kong but they are on the phone with me to double-check. I bought a new camera at Tokyo airport on my last trip and the girl was still filling out the warranty card when my mobile rang... HSBC asking me if I had just made a purchase at Tokyo duty-free.

Ever feel like big brother is watching you ?? *L*

aaaaah Ian...just break down the tasks into smaller ones and enjoy the completion of those. Don't look upon it as the larger task as yet undone, but that the smaller ones are done!
 
Re the credit card business. I have had various items paid for on my credit card - fraud. The worst case was when I got the balance and saw that it was £9,000!!! Apparently I (ha ha) had been to Florida and stayed in a couple of hotels. Amazing how I can be in two places, so far apart, at the same time! lol Seriously, we got it sorted out quite quickly. But it really makes you feel sick when you see something like that on your credit card. Those bastards probably (okay DID) get away with the fraud too. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Starting and not finishing something? I sort of know the feeling (three children thrown into the mix and working part time) and it can be incredibly frustrating. I find myself getting irritated and angry when I'm half way, and deeply, into something and something 'urgent' comes along and interrupts.

I'm sure you'll get your painting/other jobs done - eventually. Just not as soon as you'd like :S>
 
At least they called back within 24 hours. Good effort..... team point earned!

Looks like I've got some forms to fill out. The problem is, I think I recognise the company. I could be that they were featured on 'Watchdog', for taking money and not supplying the goods.

It appears the transaction may have been through PayPal and the Bank are investigating. Just hope it's sorted soon.

Good thinking Fi, about breaking down the task. I can never complete any job in one go these days.

£9,000 Hazel? That would have really spooked me. I'm hoping it's just a case of someone pressing the wrong key.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]