Friday, March 16, 2007

 

An Anniversary..........

It's our anniversary at the end of the month. I won't say which one because I have an age complex. I knew Cag wanted a ring, so I loaded the Master Card into to my wallet and prepared to be shocked.

The good news is, the choice was made at the first jewellers. The bad news, it was the most expensive on the tray................ but I expected that. Past experience played a part. It's unusual, four separate bands in white gold, randomly set with diamonds and rubys.

Of course, there has to be an adjustment to the size. Cag has such small fingers. A two to three week delay, but that O.K. Better the job is done right than rushed.

It took only minutes after we arrived home for the jungle drums to sound, or rather, a telephone call to a sister. It makes me smile, because I know my wife can't keep a secret. She's an open book, which is rather refreshing these days when so many have so much to hide.

The one thing I can be sure of, by the time we collect the ring, she will have forgotten exactly what it looks like, so she will have the same joy all over again.

Comments:
You are such a sweet man!!! And sounds like Cag has great choice in jewellery as well as men ;)

Any chance we might get a wee shooftie at it :)

Gosh it must be nice for the man in one's life to do that...the only man who ever bought me jewellery was my dad! Believe it or not I even forked out for my own wedding ring (and there never was an engagement ring!)

I love the last paragraph there...I can see the smile on your face Ian :)
 
I can only echo what Fiona said, i.e. "such a sweet man".

My husband has never bought me jewellery in our 16 years together, although to be honest I'm cheapo, i.e. 50 pence earrings (I much prefer then if something is lost I don't 'worry'), and he doesn't even know my taste either lol.

The ring sounds really lovely. Happy anniversary (I know that's a bit previous of me lol)!!!
 
Will post a pic when it arrives. Cag loves rings, and the joke in the family is that if she was going to have plastic surgery, it would be to have another finger fitted!

Don't know about this 'sweet man' thing. The halo slipped years ago. More an ankle bracelet now.
 
Ach Ian, all your tarnished halo needs is a good old going over with brasso ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]