Tuesday, February 20, 2007

 

I've treated myself......

I've treated myself. A new laptop. My 'old' one has just celebrated it's fourth birthday so it's future reliability must be suspect. It's recently cost me a new transformer, and is in line for a new battery any time soon.

I've been checking around since Christmas. Keeping my eyes open through the January sales, but thankfully I was not tempted. Toshiba have now offered a £100 cash back on the model I've chosen, so it's too good to miss. O.K, no Vista, just the old reliable XP Pro, but with the option to up-grade at a later date.

I've spent most of my free time today, sorting my e-mail contacts and making sure I have back up for all the information I might need. I've also been clearing out a load of rubbish, amazed at the amount I've accumulated over the past few months/years.

I'm hoping that it will take all my old favourite programmes, and my existing hardware. There was some trouble when I tried to load some items on to a new desk model a couple of years ago. I'm not quit sure about the in built wireless system............. but it can't be that difficult......... surely.

Now, what to do with the old one. I think, a systems wipe, and then pass it on to our daughter. Perhaps it will encourage her to keep in contact more often............ but I doubt it.

So tomorrow, we shall see.

Comments:
Congratulations!!!! I had a similar need to purchase a little while ago and got that sexy white plastic jobby from compaq (looks like an apple notebook) with really cool blue lights and a mini mouse that changes colour. I'm such a 'girl' when it comes to tekky stuff ;)

Careful with the wipe...apparently it's really hard to get things off a hard disk, even when you think they're gone, they are there.

Welcome to new lapdom!!
 
Not sure I'm enjoying the wide screen...... but I'll get used to it. And the touch pad has a different feel......... but I'll get used to it.

Hate all the trial programmes and 'free' gifts they load for the unsuspecting. The sooner I dump those the better.

Apart from that, it's a nice 'jobby'..... to quote a friend.

Re 'the wipe'. I shall take expert advice, just to be on the safe side.
 
Congratulations on your new toy! Or is that jobby?
 
Hahahahahahaha surely everyone uses 'jobby' *L*

Re touchpads, I've gotten used to mine and it's the only way to go when you're sitting cross-legged naked in bed with your laptop atop one's lap...but I still attach the little mouse when I can ;)
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Fi, you've set me thinking! The more you use it, the better it gets, and that includes touch pads........ or so I'm told.
 
LOL well Ian I am actually finding out recently that it is true...the more you use it, the better it gets. And the better at it you get ;)
 
Ian....have we lost you??!!!

Do I have to post another food entry on my blog to lure you out??
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]