Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

Never again.....

It was one of those days where I seemed to spend hours waiting in a queue to speak to an operator who solved the problem with one 'click'. Even worse were the calls made where you were first preached at, about how good the service was, and then offered the choice of 'press 1 for........', but you know exactly what I mean.

Could it get worse? It did! I was asked by a recorded voice at a Power Supplier which department I wanted. Gas, electricity or both. I wanted electricity, but accidentally said gas, quickly realised my mistake and apologised. Apologised!......... to a bloody machine!!!

Never again. From then on, when I heard the recorded voice, I hit the 'hash' key about half a dozen times, and I was through to an operator, a human one, within 15 seconds. And that's the way it will be from now on. Heavy on the hash!

Comments:
hahahahahaha apologising to a machine!

Most of those systems have a secret link to a human, it's just knowing what they are. I'll bet there's a 'cheats' website somewhere listing them out!!
 
Lol - sorry, I found it quite funny, your apologising to a bloody machine!

Doesn't just about everyone of us friggin' hate those blasted 'press 1 for....", "press 2 for...." etc. We just want to speak directly to a HUMAN, not a recorded message. Oh well, gone are those days I guess, because just about every main company has that system now.

Regarding Fiona's suggestion that there is a cheat's system for cutting through the crap that is the automated service - well I'm definitely sure there is a site you can go to. Where is it? I don't know. I guess a google search will bring something up though :S.
 
The 'hash' trick will by-pass most systems or pressing 'O' sometimes does the business. It still often means a queue, but that expected these days.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]