Saturday, January 13, 2007

 

His True Character........

In 'A Little Present', I feel I was slightly misleading about the character of the vicar. The story about the collection envelopes was perfectly true, and as I said, it was no surprise to me. I also remember when my father was spending his final days in hospital two years ago, the same vicar spent many hours taking my mother to and from the hospital, and made sure that if he could not take her, there were others that would.

The vicar was a patient in the same ward only a few month earlier, so he knew all the nursing staff. He made sure that my mother had access to my father, even though the ward was officially closed because of a Norwalk virus outbreak, and others were not allowed visitors.

I didn't think any the worse of him for the 'little present' and I think my mother summed it up when I said that the vicar was probably missing her. She said "I doubt it.........but I bet he's missing my envelopes!"

Comments:
I'm glad he not only collects the envelopes!!!

Your mum sounds a lot like you with her sense of humour and sharp wit ;)
 
Lol I was thinking the same as Fi, thinking you inherited your sense of humour from your mum! Nice also knowing he spends his time with his congregation as he should.
I am currently reading a novel given to me as a Christmas gift...The Mammoth Cheese...had to take a moment to go look up the title as I have a tendency to forget those...anyway, so far my favorite parts are of the local Episcopalian Priest, and the many ways he is constantly giveing to his community.
 
They are not such a bad lot, as long as you don't take them too seriously. They are only human after all.
 
I'm glad he isn't totally bad! They do have to worry a lot about money these days; so many churches are being closed because of cash problems. I still think they should try to show more compassion at a difficult time though!

I hope all is going smoothly for you and your two ladies (!) and you are all coping with your new circumstances. It must take a great deal of adjusting for all 3 of you.

Take care.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]