Friday, January 05, 2007

 

The Answer is..............

The answer is a definite 'YES'...............well, sort of!! My mother is staying. We finally got an answer at mid-day on Wednesday, about an hour before I had to go shopping for her return home. It was very much a case of 'make a decision for me', which is the most difficult one to make. Anyway, we said 'Yes' and she agreed.

Cag, my wife, and I made the trip to Torquay to collect medication, dressings and most important, her chair. One of those motor driven ones that toss you about in all directions, at the press of a button.

I've set things up in such a way that all options are still open. I've contacted all those who need to know, but I've said the she is staying on in Cornwall for a couple of extra weeks and she will contact them when she returns. That way no doors are closed. Care packages are difficult to set up, so these are on hold for the moment. Just in case there is a change of mind.......... but I doubt it.

Now, an early night I think........ it's been a long day. g'night folks.

Comments:
Good to hear that a decision has been made (sort of, as you say).

Hope things goes smoothly and as well as possible.
 
It sounds to me as if you have all bases covered, and are you thinking that once she is comfortable, with all of her 'needed' things, that time will just flow by until it is suddenly realized that it indeed is permanent?

I wish you well in this endeavor...and sincerely hope that you continue to make time for you...I know you know this....but it will become easy to lose yourself in their needs without thinking of your own.
 
Thank you both for the good wishes. I'm well aware of the pitfalls and trying to take on too much. I must admit, the first couple of weeks were a bit frantic, but now I have a routine worked out, things are starting to fall into place.

There's still lots to do, but I'm getting there.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]