Friday, December 01, 2006

 

I don't believe it.......

In the words of the internationally famous philosopher Victor Meldrew, "I don't believe it!"

But there it was, in the centre of yesterdays newspaper, 'Your choice of Christmas and New Year Viewing'. No, No, No, this can't be happening. Is there a prize for being the first to publish these details? Is it supposed to send us into a frenzy of Christmas viewing planning? Or does it encourage people, like me, to switch off for Christmas and the New Year?

O.K, so I had to look. And what did I find, every other entry was 'To be Announced'. To be fair, most of the smaller Channels have got their act together and worked out their schedules for the Holidays, but the main programme broadcaster were floundering............ or is it a ploy? Perhaps there will be something new, something different for our entertainment, rather than the same old repeats that we are subjected to every year. Perhaps.................. but I doubt it.

Hanging on the Telephone......

Another day spent hanging on the telephone. Then, finally, when I managed to get hold of a human voice, I asked, "I need to know your complaints procedure". Silence for a few seconds, and then I explained the telephone calls that were not returned, promises that were not kept and the inability to get an answer. Within two minutes I was talking to the Supervisor who went through the whole problem with me, and promised (fingers crossed) to have it sorted by Tuesday at the latest.

It appears that two Government offices have not been 'talking' to each other. Now where have I heard that before! It's no wonder some people are driven to desperate things, especially at this time of the year. So I wait for Tuesday........... with baited breath.

Comments:
*crossing my fingers* with you, hoping you actually spoke with a person who truly believes in keeping their promises, even if it is only a phone call on Tuesday to tell you they have no solution yet, but are working on it.
 
It's all to do with changing benefit offices. From a local office to the national office in Swansea. I gave them three weeks notice of changes to our circumstances, but the information was not passed on when the office changed. Now I have to obtain a second confirmation which all takes time. Love it! Bah!!
 
lephare - doesn't it go "I don't beeeelieeeeeeeeeeeeve it?" lol
Good luck!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]