Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Time for a moan........

I've had Blogging problems over the weekend. For some unknown reason my connection keeps closing down. Unless I 'save to draft' and do it often, I loose any notes I have made. Then to crown it all, last night I come on line at midnight and Blogger is down for maintenance for 45 minutes.

Right, that off my chest, and now to things that 'P' me off even more. The main road at the bottom of out drive has just been resurfaced. Today the local authority were putting the final touches to it by laying down the road marking. And a good job they have made of it. We've just been informed that the Water Board will be renewing the water supply to our homes next week. Yep! You've guessed it. The Water Board will be digging up part of the new road surface which can hardly be dry.

What's happened to joined up thinking? These two jobs did not happen on a whim. Planning and preparation has gone into them. But what happened to communication? Obviously these departments do not talk to each other.

We had a telephone bill today. it's normally about £50 in credit, so I was a little surprised that the balance was somewhat lower this time. The reason is five 0700 calls I made to my mother while she was in hospital. Each call was charged at 70p a minute. They used to have a mobile phone to the bedside which people could use but now everything is from the bed consul, all at a premium price.

It annoys me how hospitals, or those they allow to offer a service in a hospital, are able to fleece people who have no other choice. Not only do they try to poison the patient with ghastly muck that passes for food but they also try to make you poorer by your stay. And if you're really lucky, you can catch a dose of M.R.S.A!

O.K, I feel a little better now. Another glass of Merlot I think!

P.S. The website crashed again during this posting.

Comments:
I had the very same problem with blogger...several times....lost an entire post...and was too tired to try to redo it...and then of course they were down for maintenance...not sure this google buy out was a good thing or not.

Communication... in the past several days I have had similar conversations with several different people....all of us working in totally different fields...but all businesses regardless of their size seeming to be unable to communicate the simplest things....no cross department communication...nor within department communication....

As to your road work...they did a similar thing here.....expanded the roads, put up new utility poles....then within months decided to do something with cables that tore up all the new expansion...

Hospitals....my response on those is GRRRRRRrrrrrr! Grams was charged 5.00 for a box of kleenex....they sell for 1.00 in a supermarket!

Moaning with you.......Moooaaannnn!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]