Saturday, November 25, 2006

 

Tagged...... again.

I've been tagged again and this time it's six weird things about myself. Now I expect everyone who has been caught up in this one has said, "........but I'm the most normal person I know!" I'm not going to be the odd one out............ "I'm normal!" So where to start?

1/ I haven't got a mobile phone. Haven't got one and don't want one. Why would I need one? Everyone else has one so I can always borrow someones if I have a problem There's a lot of generous people out there.

2/ I have worn women's clothes. Well, not exactly worn them, more modeled them. My mother used to make dresses, wedding, bridesmaids, dance etc, for friends and family, and while a dress can be made on a tailors dummy, it's always better on a person to see how it hangs and moves. It never convinced me that there was any future in it for me.

3/ I have worked in a Nudist Camp. We had a Pub for about 15 years. After we gave that up and just to fill in a Summer, we ran the bars and club house on a Holiday Estate which was part caravan park and part nudist camp. No, nobody came into the bars topless or even bottomless. Everyone was very respectful and kept themselves to the different part of the Estate when they felt like letting it all hang out. I never saw a nudist that didn't look better with clothes on.

4/ I'm a Sudoku fanatic. Now what can be more weird than that, filling in numbers into squares? And what's it all for? I use it as an exercise in logic, to keep the brain working, hopefully to fend off any deterioration in the old grey matter. Will it work? I'll let you know! Now where was I?

5/ I see the shadow people. Have you noticed them? You're doing something and you catch sight of something out of your line of vision. Your sure someone has just passed by, but when you check, there nobody there. I've heard about worlds within worlds and sharing time and space. Was it a reflection or just a trick of the light? Or was it one of the shadow people.

6/ I've never watched Desperate Housewives, or Taxi, or Friends, Cheers, Lost, Twin Peeks, Buffy, Beverly Hills 5073846271947563 (or whatever it is),The Simpsons, Scrubs, Dr. Who, 24, Another 24, Yet another bloody 24!, Sex in the City etc, in fact any of the series that have been on T.V in the last 20 years. I did watch as many episodes of Mash as I could and some of the early Dallas and Dynasty. I don't watch any of the Soaps or reality shows that take up so much space in early evening entertainment. I can get depressed enough on my own without watching people playing at it.

7/ I cloud watch, I spend quite a bit of time during the day looking at the sky and how clouds roll and billow across the blue. I know nothing of their names or why they do what they do. Our view is blocked for the sun rising but we have a fair view of the sun setting and I revel in the changing colours against the forming clouds on the skyline.

See! That's it, all six. And I'm perfectly NORMAL.

I know I should now tag six but I don't know six other bloggers........... because I'm shy.

Comments:
Ian...all of those things make you soo very interesting...lol @ #2 are there any pictures from your modeling days?

Your bonus to us of #7 is wonderful...do you know I actually feel disapointed when I am unable to gaze into the west each evening...every sunset is different...beautiful in its own right...and one of things I like about my car is the sun/moon roof...sometimes on my lunchbreaks I drive to a nearby park open it up and gaze at the sky above...

*thank you for playing*
 
Hi dewdrop. I quite like the challenge and it does make me think. I wonder what 'normal' is? Let me know where you start up again and I promise to drop by.

Sunny. Pictures of me in dresses? Not a chance ........ even as a H.N.T.
Did I post seven? Must have caught dyscalculicism from Fi ;-)

I take a lot of sky pics and I'm often tempted to play about with the colour balance...... but you can't improve on a good thing. Would love a polarization filter though.
 
Interesting!!!!

LOL you do sudoku but are dyscalculic...now THAT is overcoming a challenge Ian ;)

I was once involved with a man who liked to wear women's clothes...nice to know another one *L*

Why would you need a mobile phone...well one good reason would be for SD and I to call you and breathe heavily at you.

You may not have watched any of it but you are certainly up to date with the names of the shows *L* Tell us Ian...where do you go to my lovely, for escapism? Tell me the thoughts that surround you, I want to look inside your head ;)

Your 7 was a gift of comic timing..and yes they are so very wonderful...the main descriptors are stratus (layered), cumulus (puffy), cirrus (feather-like) nimbus (dark,rainy), fracto (broken) and alto (middle oddly enough)...giving you such delights as stratocumulus, cirrostratus, cumulonimbus, fractostratus. Aaaah memories of O-Level Geography!!
 
Fi, stop swearing at me! I don't know a cumulonimbus or fractostratus from a coitus interruptus! I understand there's a Cloud Appreciation Soc. on the web, so I'd better take a look.

I got 'O' level geography, but there wasn't so much to learn about in those days ;-)

Escapism......... this is it, here and now.

Will buy a mobile phone tomorrow if you keep your promise. Mmmmm!
 
Waiting with baited breath for our 3-way conference call ~ sexy grin~

Fi stop being such a smartypants! *VBS* You amaze me at the knowledge you are able to remember!

*Goes to the cloud site to smarten up me own brain*--nah too lazy.
I will just enjoy the peaceful feelings huge fluffy ones give me...and the exhillaration storm clouds fill me with.
 
*L* oh yes I'm a fount of useless information....wanna play Trivial Pursuit? *L*

ummmmm Ian trust me I can talk dirtier than that ..... ooooh 3-way let's all synchronise (damn this won't be easy on all these time zones!!!)

La Palma, Canary Islands...the island is split by a range of mountains and late afternoon the clouds actually roll down the west side...it is the most amazing sight I've ever seen cloud-wise :)
 
Don't you just hate it. My Broadand down from midnight to one a.m, my main surfing time. Wll catch up tomorrow.
 
uh huh....yet another reason for a mobile phone ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]