Thursday, November 02, 2006

 

The Dating Game.......

Two of my elderly neighbours are involved in advertising for companionship in a national magazine, although why they don't get together and save themselves a lot of letter writing, I shall never know. The lady, a young 82 year old, seems to be quite successful in her endeavors, while the gentleman, a mere 77 years, is a little more choosy and so far has not found a Miss Right or even a Miss Wrong.

What I did find amusing is some of the advertisements for friendship or partners. Ones like :-

Bald, short, fat and ugly male, 53 seeks short sighted woman with tremendous sexual appetite.

Mature gentleman, 62, aged well, noble grey looks, sound mind and unfazed by the fickle demands of modern society , seeks..................damn it................I have to pee again!

Not everyone appearing in this column is a deranged cross-dressing sociopath. Let me know if you find one and I'll strangle him with my bra. Male 56.

Or the ladies................

Slut in the kitchen, chef in the bedroom. Woman, 37, seeks man who can toss a good salad.

September 5th is the anniversary of my divorce. So too are November 17th, January 12th, March 8th and June 21st.............

Female 36, suspicious of any male declaring themselves to be in possession of a great sense of humour.

Some of the other out-takes that made me laugh were :-

..........reply to this advert and we can face the harsh realities of my second mortgage. Male 37, WLTM woman, aged to 70, with active credit cards.

..........Must be able to write his own name ( on own cheque book a bonus).

..........WLTM a dizzy female to 50, who doesn't ask too many questions. Male bigamist 48 yrs.

Must be able to read big words in magazines and have big boobies. I can live without the first, but the second is non-negotiable. Shallow man, 34, and I mean 'shallow'.

.......... male wanted. Must be able to breath unaided.

I can take no personal credit for these, I'm just the messenger. They are from a new book, They Call Me Naughty Lola by David Rose. They gave me a laugh and I hope they make you smile as well.

I wonder how my advertisement would read???

Comments:
LOL...I'd reply to a few of those!!!

I think we should write ours just for fun, to share....or better yet write each others LOL

Thanks for the laugh Ian!!

oh and pppsssttt it's Thursday *evil grin*
 
Ha ha...those are great...agrees with Fiona on writing them up about ourselves...but I seem to have to creative juices flowing at the moment!
 
eh that was NO creative juices flowing...doh!
 
The write-up was in a national paper, The Mail. I can't help reading these type of adverts if I come across them. It's a bit like 'Problem Pages', there's a fascination about them that sucks you in. (no need to add to that Fi ;-))
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]