Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

A Big Zero..............

It was my wife's birthday this week. I won't say which one, except that it had one of those BIG zeros after it. Another milestone or millstone as she likes to call it. For the next three weeks I play out my toyboy role and then I catch her up. Same big zero!

It's said that the years speed up as you get older and I'm in no position to argue with that. Time does seem to pass a lot quicker and even days don't seem to be as long as they did. I used to work an eighty four hour week and always had enough time to have hobbies, read, meet with friends, and find time for anything that needed doing. Now I plan to do just one thing during the day and am often fighting for time to complete the simplest task.

"They have no time to stop and stare"..........that's me! OK, I know I have problems, responsibilities that have to be taken care of, but there still should be some time left during the day, a little space for me.

Well, I suppose this is my space, my little bit of time for me. It's a time I look forward to, make plans for, stir the grey matter and see what comes to the surface. Not much most nights, but if I can't come up with something interesting, I know a few others who can.

So, with three weeks to go before I reach that millstone, I'm preparing myself. Making plans for the future and not dwelling on the mistakes of the past. It's one of the great things about being a Sagittarian, ever hopeful, ever the optimist Something will always turn up, and usually for the better.

Don't you just love birthdays, especially ones with the BIG zero behind them?

Comments:
Is it only me, or are the birthdays in one's 40s coming around just a little faster each year? Does it get worse in the 50s?
 
I wouldn't know Fi. I'm only 29......and a few months.........quite a few months!
 
askinstoo...... I already have money......far too much. I can only wear one pair of shoes at a time..... drive one car. Look outside.....the beauty in the world is free.
 
Happy birthday to your wife, and I am going to have to mark my calendar..so I remember yours in 3 weeks....I am so glad that this is the place you take for that little bit of time for you :)

That way we get to share it with you and just for the fun of it I am sending you an early birthday kiss and hug XO
 
Don't forget........ I'll be 30... and quite a few months! We Sagi's tell lies about our age.

Thanks for the hug. It made me shiver all over....Mmmmmm.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]