Monday, November 27, 2006

 

Another Milestone.....

Middle age........where you can do without sex, but not your glasses!

O.K, it's my birthday. One of those with a large '0' after a number. No, I'm not going to tell you which one, only that if all the candles were to fit on a cake, it would be a fire risk and contribute considerably to global warming.

Have you noticed when you reach one of the milestone ages that everyone, and I mean everyone, takes the trouble to tell you. The worst ones are the people that add "......but I thought you were older!" It's also brought some out of the woodwork. People have sent cards that I haven't heard from for years, people not even on our Christmas card list.

The one small joy I have is that I've been a toyboy for the last three weeks but now I've caught my wife up. I've always had a soft spot (perhaps not the right words) for older women, but the older you get, the less inviting that becomes. Oatmeal coloured shoes and surgical stockings just doesn't do it for me.

So what am I having for my birthday. It's got to be practical. My wife usually get me what ever I want, wheelbarrow, stepladders, etc, but this year I haven't decided yet. It's me that will have to make the purchase because she is physically unable to, and I really have all that I want, which makes it even more difficult. Any suggestions........... but please, NO SOCKS!

Comments:
OMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY IAN....I'd send you special greetings but you'd have to get your birthday gift first and I'm suggesting a mobile phone *L*

*clearing my throat...tuning up....here goes*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

smooch smooch smooch

If there is even the possibility of cake and ice cream or cake or ice cream....I'm there!!!

Fi
 
Yes, just harmonising in with Fiona and adding "And many more..."

Suggestions? Don't get something practical. Get something fun!
 
Thank you all for your good wishes. I come from a long lived family so I expect to be here for a good many years yet.

Thanks again,

Ian.
 
Good, we want you here for many a year to come....but....have you got your mobile phone yet??? *L*
 
A belated happy birthday from me too. I hope you had a good day.

I imagine you are head cook and bottle washer in your house, so I hope you managed a rest from this with a nice meal - if only a take-away!

As for the gift, I have no idea. If I get given any money for my birthday, I usually blow it on some CDs or a nice escapist novel!
 
I've ordered an Il Divo DVD tonight but think I will save for a new notebook in the New Year.

Fi, a mobile phone is just not me. Two treacle tins with a long piece of string is more my style ;-)
 
Hahahahhahah need a hell of a lot of string to 3-way with Sunny and I ;)

Hey they're coming to HKG, was thinking about treating myself to a show.....apart from sounding so wonderful, they are absolute eye-candy!!!
 
Ohhh I missed your birthday.....so very sorry I didn't visit earlier this week.....ohh I deserve a sound spanking for that! mmm

Now then a birthday gift for such a special man....hmmmm...

And no cell phone, I was soo looking forward to that 3 way with Fi and you...

Hmmm I wish I had something special to gift you.....just a cyber hug and kiss for now...until I think of something else....
 
Thank you all for your good wishes. I've found a great way to stop ageing. I shall be telling lies from here on in!
 
Hi Ian , perhaps the heiferproject?

For the cost of moderate gift in your name, your friend(s) and/or family can change the life of a family in another (3rd world) country forever!

Thanks for blogging, I will check your oldposts. :-)

ps--my poor daddy had to watch my mom slowly die over several years when tehy were both early 40s. My heart goes out to both of you!
 
Hi oldbear,

Have visited you many times. Glad you've dropped in. I don't get down hearted about things, plenty in a worst situation than ourselves.
 
Oh no! I'm sorry I missed your birthday. A very belated Happy Birthday to you, Ian. So... a soft spot for older women, eh? Well, with you and your soft spot and me and my 'oatmeal coloured shoes and surgical stockings', we'd make a lovely pair! Congratulations, whichever of the big '0's it was. (Hmmm, wouldn't mind one of those either! ;-) )
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]