Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Turning out....




I've been tidying up and turning out, ready for when my mother visits over Christmas. I know it's a week or two away but I've got to do these things when the mood takes me. I found some scrapper board (scratch board) pictures that I did when I was at school and because they had started to deteriorate I thought I would like to post them while they were still presentable.




I can't remember very much about the young ladies now except they my have been copied from a hairdressing magazine. The last one is a composite of all the pieces Sunny D has posted for H.N.T. O.K so that's a fib, just a little one!

I was told at school that I lacked original ideas and that I would make a good teacher.........or a forger. I liked the forger bit. I was always more interested in the producing rather than the finished product, probably why I've been a butterfly as far as hobbies are concerned. I soon get bored and move on to something new.


Comments:
You have quite the talent there my friend.... smiling at your very bigfib...would love to look as lovely as your last one...somehow I don't think that was from a hairdressing magazine..

I love the way you describe flitting from one hobby to the next as a butterfly...that so suits my own experiments with various mediums.It is the producing that gives one that feeling of....hmmm...how would one describe it....a sense of chasing beauty...creating....plus I am rarely satisfied with the finished product.

A photographer extrodinaire (so know that is misspelled!) and scratch board artiste too....plus your wonderful dry wit...your wife is one very lucky lady..
 
Wow, great pictures. I have always wished that I could draw (or paint, or photograph), but alas, I am competely talentless in that direction.

Anyway, just wanted to let you kow that I have updated my blog roll and you're on it - welcome!
 
S.D. I keep thinking that I will go back to it but I never seem to have the time. It's like many things in life, a talent not used is a talent wasted.

I've tried many hobbies, and never seem to settle for long, hence the butterfly.

Emily. Thanks for the inclusion. Funny how all the blogs I visit belong to ladies. There must be a reason.
 
It's because you're a stud muffin ;)...and a really nice guy to boot :)

I'll agree with Sunny that your wife is lucky...but we are too to get these little slices of you!

I am well impressed....talent does that to me....I've none to speak of...at least not here ;)
 
A stud? I wish.....or I wish I had the chance. Time I hit the sheets at 2am, I wouldn't be at my best. And whats more, it's mostly you ladies are to blame. It you all that keep me online, trying to keep up with you.

I thank you all for giving me something to look forward to.
 
*L* bit like that saying "Chance would be a fine thing"?

Well we happen to think you're a FINE speciman of a man Ian so there - put that in your pipe and smoke it!

As for us keeping you up, methinks we spend a nice proportion of our time trying to keep up with YOU :)
 
in total agreement with Ms. Fi on all counts!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]