Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

Tagged.....

I was tagged. It was Emily at http://emilys-post.blogspot.com/ who was responsible for the deed. I'm not one to get involved in the question and answer games, usually I give too much away, but it seems like fun and I might find out a bit more about myself.

Nine statements with nine explanations. How difficult can that be......

1. I am a night person........ probably due to my working hours, when I was working. I spent twenty years behind bars, not the prison kind, although in some ways it was just that. Especially when Mr. Boring cornered you and you had to hear the same sob story for the n'th time.

2. I believe in love at first sight........ it's what happened to me. I was working in a shop when my future wife walked in with her sister, who was engaged to one of my colleagues. We found out years later that it was all planned, because they thought we were right for each other. Our relationship has lasted a lot longer than theirs.

3. I am an only child........ and was spoilt when I was young. I was brought up mainly by my maternal grandmother who lived with us. My parents were in business and I didn't see much of them until the evenings. I was taught to cook, sew and crochet by my grandmother, and she gave me a view of life through older eyes.

4. I think before I buy........ I remember a saying 'I've never bought anything I didn't need'. I think it was from Paul Getty. The emphasis was on need. I tend to do a lot of research before I buy to make sure it's a need and not a want. On general shopping, I always shop to a list. That sounds controlling but I'm not a controlling person.

5. I worked for eleven years without a day off........ but I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. I was self employed and forgot that you should work to live and not live to work. Strange when I look back on it, as all I ever wanted was to be happy.

6. I don't smile often......... or enough but am really happy inside. I was always being told to 'cheer up' when I was having a riot inside. I have a good sense of humour, if a little dry at times, and am quite willing to turn the joke on myself.

7. I always carry a camera........ and a roll of cling film (for Sunny and Fiona). I love taking pics and have had some published. It also allows me to record things that I can show my wife, as she is unable to go out very often.

8. I distrust Religions........ I believe in a God, the one that speaks to me in the quiet times. The more I see of recognised religions, the more I see greed and corruption, not love and understanding. Show me the profit and I'll show you the reason.

9. I do not fear death........ but I wouldn't court it. Take away the fear of death and you have a new meaning to life. I may have to help my wife to die one day. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. Will I be able to do it? The answer this in statement number ten.

Well, there you go. I won't tag six other people. I don't know six people well enough on line. Thank you Emily for making me think and I hope the reasons are of interest

Comments:
Ian, I am so glad Emily tagged you, the things you wrote show what a wonderful being you truly are. Thank you, I think I will be back a few more times to reread your answers...

Your numbers 6 and 8, remind me so much of my son, an insight I must remember.

~very big smile~ at the cling film

perhaps when things in my own life calm down a bit, I may try this myself.
 
Yes, I'm glad, too! I wanted to know more about you and now I do!
 
I've spent the day thinking of all the things I could have said or added to what I have written. It's a bit like life, I'll get it right next time around.
 
Well, maybe you should post some more statements. I'm sure your readers would be interested. I know I would be.
 
But Emily, I'm a shy sort of person. Ask anyone! (big smile)
 
Re 9, about helping someone to die, I had to think about that with my dad. I believe had I been called upon to do it, I could and would have. But I'm glad I didn't have to.

This is a great post and I'm glad to see the cling film still features *w*
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]