Tuesday, September 26, 2006

 

An old friend......


I thought I'd like to introduce you to an old friend.

His name is Dillon, and you might be able to see that he is a West Highland Terrier....... a rather scruffy one at that. We've been friends for over thirteen years, had our ups and downs, but best of all, we have kept each others secrets.

He hates a lot of exercise, thankfully, and insists on being carried when his poor little legs get tired. He has his own armchair, which I've recently lowered by sawing four inches off the legs, so the old chap hasn't too much of a struggle to get comfortable.

He can be a bit snappy but he has only bitten the best people. My mother, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, daughter's boyfriend, a couple of neighbours and the lady who reads the gas meters. In each case it's been their fault.......or so he told me. The problem is that he's deaf and people will keep coming up behind him when he's not expecting it, or he has his nose in his feed bowl......a most dangerous time. Luckily, the bites have not cause him any serious harm.

A true four legged friend....or fiend!


Comments:
awww Ian he is adorable, and so are you to saw 4 inches off his chair to make his life easier...and people shouldn't scare the poor sweet thing by sneaking up on him..no wonder he snaps at them...it tis their own fault!
 
We share the same hearing problems so I use simlpe signing. He doesn't sign much.... but I can see when he's happy!
 
signing, that is how i trained our dogs, the main commands have a hand or arm signal...and I am been so glad I did it the older they have gotten.

And remind me to never sneak up behind you! wouldn't want to be bitten! ~smile~
 
I would love to be surprised from behind..... in the nicest possible way!
 
*surprises you from behind*

in the nicest possible way *w*

oh like I could resist???!!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]