Saturday, September 02, 2006

 

Another exciting Saturday night.....

Another exciting Saturday night on television. It's the time of the year for repeats and general mind numbing twaddle. Test the Nation, Story of Light Entertainment, Celebrity Who Wants to be a Millionaire, etc, etc, etc. There were some repeats of N.C.I.S, C.I.S and Law and Order, but even their greatest fans can have too much of a good thing.
.
So it was an evening with another repeat, a raid on the video cabinet for Dirty Dancing, with Patrick Squeezy and Jennifer Grey. O.K, I must have seen it a dozen or more times, but you can always see something new, and the music's grrrrrrrreat.
.
I looked at it from the view point of the father. Poor old Daddy. A dad who takes his family away for a late holiday, for a few days relaxation after a punishing schedule. He gets conned out of $250. Patches up someone who was the subject of a medical malpractice, that he paid for. Finds out his favourite daughter is shagging one of the staff. Then has to apologise for a misjudgement. Some holiday!
.
Bet he wished they had stayed at home..................... and watched repeats on the television!

Comments:
You know in one of the many times I watched that movie, I too looked at it from the father's point of view....and my thoughts were so similar...but I also thought....sometimes it does take a shock for us parents to see, really see our children as the adults they have become..
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]