Thursday, July 13, 2006

 

Things that annoy me........


People that buy a house in the Algarve, Tuscany or the Pyrenees, and then have to write a book to tell everyone about it!

Journalists who feed off their own reporting. A sneeze becomes a world wide epidemic, when it was only a sneeze in the first place.

People who slyly look down a young girls blouse. Oh Harry!

Reporters who say, "I put the question to the XXX", when in fact they shouted it at them when they were passing on the other side on the street. And they wonder why they didn't get a reply!
.
People who say "Everyone is doing it, or has one, or is interested in", well I am not 'doing it' I haven't 'got one' and I can assure you, I'm not bloody well interested!
.
There's me switching off lights, saving water and recycling any thing I can, and they are burning flags in the Middle East again. Do they know how much global warming all the burning causes? Those Stars & Stripe give off a lot of heat.
.
Junk mail that tells me I am the 'lucky winner' or '£100,000 reserved in your name'. If you've got my address.......... Just send the cheque!
Smoking.....
I don't consider myself a non-smoker, rather an ex-smoker, with all the prejudices that go along with the title. They say that ex- smokers are the worst, and they're not wrong. The two loves of my life were Benson & Hedges, but no more.
I hate smoking, the smell of smoke, even watching people smoke. It's been twenty three years since I had a cigarette, but only thirteen since my last encounter with the dreaded smoke.
Having spent most of my adult life behind bars, not the prison kind, I've never really had the need to smoke. Just a few deep breaths now and then and I've had all the nicotine I needed. I hated employing anyone with the smoking habit. They'd go missing on a ciggy break, or make four trips an hour to the toilet, just to top up, leaving others to work in their place.
I never realised how bad I must have smelt to friends who did not smoke. I would hate to think that they thought of me as I now think of others today. I hope my mother-in-law reads this!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]